Happy Thursday, bibliophiles!
It’s finally summer and 2022 is already a little over halfway gone…HOW?
June was a great start to my break; I took a trip to California (Yosemite and then San Francisco) early in the month, and I had so much fun! Once I got back, there was still a ton of stuff to do in preparation for college this August (AAAAAAAAA), so I’ve been slowly chugging away at that. Had my first jury duty summons yesterday, too…nerve-wracking, to say the least. And I’ve been sad and furious at the U.S. government (well…more than usual) for the past week. But even amidst that, I’ve really enjoyed the past few weeks. Summer is one of my favorite times of the year, and the weather is finally warm enough here that I can go outside and read in my hammock. Bliss.
After school let out, I’ve had so much more time to read as well! I focused on LGBTQ+ books this month, and I found some great reads. My brother also lent me his Fantastic Four comics (after we saw Multiverse of Madness and he realized that I hadn’t read them), so I had a lot of fun with those too. As far as writing goes, I’ve been polishing my outline for my Camp NaNoWriMo project, and I’m so excited to get writing again!! Soon…
Other than that, I’ve just been watching the new season of Stranger Things (my least favorite season so far, but I am F R I G H T E N E D for vol. 2), Jurassic World: Dominion (came anticipating no plot, only dinosaurs, but there were…very few dinosaurs ), and the new season of The Umbrella Academy (I’m only halfway through, no spoilers!!!), listening to too much Spoon, T. Rex, and Soccer Mommy, and making an excessive amount of playlists.
READING AND BLOGGING:
I read 20 books this month! Summer has given me a lot more time to read, and I am all the better for it.
1 – 1.75 stars:
2 – 2.75 stars:
3 – 3.75 stars:
- Adaptation – Malinda Lo (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Kings, Queens, and In-Betweens – Tanya Boteju (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Kaleidoscope Song – Fox Benwell (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Here’s to Us (What If It’s Us, #2) – Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- The Atlas Six (The Atlas, #1) – Olivie Blake (⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- Out There: Into the Queer New Yonder (anthology) – Saundra Mitchell et. al. (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- All That’s Left in the World – Erik J. Brown (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1) – Tamsyn Muir (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- Lakelore – Anna-Marie McLemore (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- Just Your Local Bisexual Disaster – Andrea Mosqueda (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
4 – 4.75 stars:
“Wait, it’s all Fantastic Four?”
“Always has been…”
- Fantastic Four, vol. 1 – Jonathan Hickman and Dale Eaglesham (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fantastic Four, vol. 2 – Jonathan Hickman and Dale Eaglesham (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fantastic Four, vol. 3 – Jonathan Hickman and Neil Edwards (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fantastic Four, vol. 4 – Jonathan Hickman, Steve Epting, and Mark Brooks (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali – Sabina Khan (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Most Dazzling Girl in Berlin – Kip Wilson (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- The Raven and the Reindeer – T. Kingfisher (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery – Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
POSTS I’M PROUD OF:
- I had fun reviewing Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak, The Raven and the Reindeer, A Lesson in Vengeance, and Lakelore!
- I made three separate YA pride month rec lists this year: sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary/realistic fiction!
- I also did two pride month-related book tags: the Pride Recommendations Book Tag and the Queer Book Tag!
SOME POSTS FROM OTHER WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT I ENJOYED:
- Jan @ Inkspun Tales wrote about things she’d like to see more in books!
- Maddie @ Inking & Thinking made a great list of books by trans, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming authors!
- Literary Lady Reviews made a fantastic list of books with nonbinary/genderqueer and bisexual rep!
- Lotus @ Pages of Starlight shared her thoughts while watching Heartstopper!
SONGS/ALBUMS THAT I ENJOYED:
DID I FOLLOW THROUGH ON MY JUNE GOALS?
- Read at least 20 books: 20!
- Enjoy the first month of summer/pride month!: As busy as it’s been, I’ve had a lot of fun!
GOALS FOR JULY:
- Read at least 20 books:
- Get through Camp NaNoWriMo!
That’s it for this month in blogging! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!