Happy Wednesday, bibliophiles!
The snow outside my window says December, but mentally, I feel like it’s September, and somehow it’s technically November…time is an illusion huh
I’ve probably said this several times before, but I’m still baffled that my first semester of college is almost over! It feels like there should be months, not weeks, left to go through. But no, I suppose not, and my winter break lasts nearly a month! What a relief to not have finals just days before Christmas like in high school…
I’ve had some fun, regardless. As the temperatures have been dropping, I’ve been bundling up and drinking an excess of hot chocolate (big thank you to my mom). I’ve been able to read more frequently now that I’m a bit more settled in, and it’s been a mixed bag, but there have definitely been some hits among the misses. I called off NaNoWriMo for myself this years since I haven’t adjusted all the way, and plus, I usually plan for a while beforehand, and that just…didn’t happen.
Other than that, I’ve just been drawing (getting the hang of digital art, I think), watching Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Wendell & Wild, sleeping in and eating way too much over Thanksgiving Break, and having to wear enough layers to restrict any mobility in my arms. Welcome to Colorado, folks.
READING AND BLOGGING:
I read 17 books this month! Less than I usually read in a month, for sure, but I haven’t been able to read quite as much because I’m still getting used to college and all. Plus, finals season looms…
1 – 1.75 stars:
- The All-Consuming World – Cassandra Khaw (DNF – ⭐️)
2 – 2.75 stars:
- She Gets the Girl – Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick (⭐️⭐️)
- Killing November (Killing November, #1) – Adriana Mather (⭐️⭐️)
- The Lost Apothecary – Sarah Penner (⭐️⭐️.5)
3 – 3.75 stars:
- Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law – Mary Roach (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Huntress (Ash, #0.5) – Malinda Lo (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Queen of the Tiles – Hanna Alkaf (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- The Depths – Nicole Lesperance (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Soul of the Deep (Of Mermaids and Orisa, #2) – Natasha Bowen (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
4 – 4.75 stars:
- Sisters (Smile, #2) – Raina Telgemeier (re-read) (for school) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Ms. Marvel, vol. 1: No Normal – G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona (re-read) (for school) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art – Scott McCloud (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Vicious (Villains, #1) – V.E. Schwab (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic – Alison Bechdel (for school) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Scattered Showers – Rainbow Rowell (anthology) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Daughter of Doctor Moreau – Silvia Moreno-Garcia (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH: The Trouble with White Women: A Counterhistory of Feminism – 4.5 stars
POSTS I’M PROUD OF:
- I had fun reviewing I Am the Ghost in Your House, Huntress, She Gets the Girl, The Depths, and The All-Consuming World!
- I made a list of series I haven’t finished that I want to finish!
- I had fun doing the 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 Book Tag and the Fall into Fall Book Tag!
POSTS FROM OTHER WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT I ENJOYED:
- Using this as my giant megaphone for my amazing brother again because he wrote another amazing short story: “Morbius™️: The Living Vampire!/Termite to Tumbleweed” (now that’s a title)
- Romi talks about the books she’s currently reading!
- Cathy wrote a fantastic review of Isle of Dogs!
- Hundreds & Thousands of Books talks about series that she’d like to finish!
SONGS/ALBUMS THAT I ENJOYED:
That’s it for this month in blogging! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!