Yes…this was necessary….
Here are some examples for each number on the scale:
- Luckily, I haven’t read any books that were THIS bad
- I haven’t read any books this bad either (not to worry, I have examples for all of the other ones!)
- I’m pretty sure it was either The Pembertons or The Pembrooks or something like that. Basically, the part I read (I stopped reading because of the sheer boringness of it all) was just stuff like “oh, the dog puked”, “we’re on a really long car trip” or “oh, we’ve just arrived at an old, dusty house. Wheee.”
- This one was a book I read recently. It was called Crystal Doors. It seemed really cool, but it was NOT! The characters had virtually no personality WHATSOEVER. (And don’t get me started on those cheesy “magic” names…)
- We had to read this book for school. It was called The Ancient One. Like Crystal Doors, it seemed really promising. But it just lacked excitement. Even in the supposedly “intense” climax, I just heard *cricket chirp* *cricket chirp* . But at least it had an interesting plot. I like the author’s connection to nature.
- There are SO many books that fall in this category, but I’ll just choose one. How about…The Time Cat? It was certainly not the best book, but I liked it enough to keep it and display it on my bookshelf.
- A lot of books fall into this category (same with #8) but I’ll go with the Unwanteds series. Really good! (Alex, I can hear you saying SQUEE!) It was just amazing, and I can’t wait to read the new one
- For this, I’ll choose Harry Potter. Yes, Max, I actually did this. Super good. I mean it. Super good.
- For me, there are only two books (series) that fall in this category. The one I chose to show was the Search for WondLa series. SO GOOD with a capital S (and G, for that matter) The moment I laid eyes on it (it was at the back of Sunwing, which I’ll rate a 7. Thanks, Sunwing!) I just thought, I have to read this! I do not regret my decision. At all.
- Only one series falls into this category…I bet you can guess what it is…Drumroll, please…THE FAMILIARS!!!!!! BEST SERIES EVER! LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!
Hehe…this post just goes to show how much of a bookworm I am. 😋
One thought on “The Madeline Todd Book-Rating Method”
I don’t think you need to worry about having to show people that you’re a bookworm. It’s pretty self-evident at this point!