Hi again, bibliophiles!
I was in the mood for a book tag today, so I figured I’d give this one a shot. I was tagged by Riddhi @ Whispering Stories (thank you!), and I’m not sure who created the tag, so if you know, please let me know so I can credit them!
Let’s begin, shall we?
📘3 BOOKISH THINGS BOOK TAG📘
3 READ-ONCE-AND-LOVED AUTHORS
Just so I don’t sound like a broken record, here are three that I’ve discovered more recently and loved…
- Noah Hawley (Before the Fall, The Punch)
- Alechia Dow (The Sound of Stars)
- Tille Walden (On a Sunbeam, Are You Listening?)
3 TITLES I’VE WATCHED BUT NOT READ
- Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk)
- High Fidelity (Nick Hornby)
- The Queen’s Gambit (Walter Tevis) (oof I didn’t like the show so I don’t think I’ll read this one anyway)
3 SERIES I HAVE BINGED
Ooh, I rarely binge series, so this one’s probably a little harder…
- The Young Elites series (The Young Elites, The Rose Society, The Midnight Star)
- The Nahx Invasions (Zero Repeat Forever, Cold Falling White)
- The Shadow and Bone trilogy (Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, Ruin and Rising)
3 CHARACTERS I LOVE
OOH, lots to choose from…I’ll think of some that I haven’t talked much about in other book tags…
- Kal Gilwraeth (Aurora Cycle)
- Rake (The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea)
- Ellie Baker (The Sound of Stars)
3 CURRENT FAVORITE COVERS
I wouldn’t say that I have a favorite book cover, but here are a few recent reads that had covers that I ADORED
- Victories Greater Than Death (Charlie Jane Anders)
- The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea (Maggie Tokuda Hall)
- The Ones We’re Meant to Find (Joan He)
3 THINGS YOU HAVE USED AS BOOKMARKS
Uh…I just use bookmarks, and I have no memory of using anything else…
3 UNPOPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS
- The Cruel Prince wasn’t that good, and Jude and Cardan’s relationship was all kinds of toxic
- Wings of Ebony wasn’t that great either, but I will say that a) I loved the unapologetic approach to racism and colonialism and b) the cover was really pretty
- Alina from Shadow and Bone shouldn’t have been paired off with the Darkling or Mal – both options weren’t great, and why did she need to be paired off in the first place? (But if I could pair her off with anyone, I’d say Genya.)
3 BOOK GOALS FOR THE YEAR
- Read at least 250 books (I’m at 130 right now!)
- Actually get around to reading The Handmaid’s Tale bc it’s been sitting on my Kindle for over a year
- Don’t cry that hard during Aurora’s End (because it’s a given that I’ll cry at some point)
- Brooke @ The Reader’s Game
- Cherelle @ A Bolt out of the Book
- Phoenix @ Books with Wings
- Hundreds & Thousands of Books
- + anyone else who wants to participate! If you see this tag and want to do it, I can’t wait to see your answers! And if I tagged you and you don’t want to do it/have already done it, my bad!
Since I’ve already posted once today, check out this week’s Goodreads Monday for today’s song.
That’s it for this book tag! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!