Happy Thursday, bibliophiles!
Might as well make use of some of these new emojis…interesting bunch we’ve got here
And sorry for the lack of a book review this week, I just didn’t have the energy for it once the afternoon/evening came (first day after spring break, am I right or am I right).
The beginning of March was a bit of a slog, what with all my classes trying to cram a bunch of stuff in before spring break. I finally have that big research paper out of the way though, and we did loads of fun projects in creative writing!
My reading month was good, I’d say; very few books that I didn’t like (no 1-stars and only one 2-star!), my first 5-star read of the year, and indulging in a Smoke Thieves trilogy re-read. I finally got into Heartstopper after all these years of having it on hold at the library too! Worth the wait.
This month was also the month that I finally, finally started sharing my WIP with people! I’ve sent it to some family and friends, and…not gonna lie here, my hands were shaking whenever I put it out there, but I’m proud of myself for getting over the initial hurdle after clamming up about my writing for so many years. Baby steps.
Other than that, I went to see the new Batman (AMAZING!), re-watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show, continued with Raised by Wolves and started Severance, and went to the museum and played guitar there. They have a guitar exhibit at the Denver Museum right now, so I put on a one-man show for my dad and the security guard. The very short setlist consisted of “Trimm Trabb” and “Savior Complex.”
And yesterday, I hit 500 followers!! I’m going to make a longer post later, but for now, thank you all so much for your love and support. 💗
READING AND BLOGGING:
I read 20 books this month! I thought I’d read less for some reason…it feels like I haven’t had as much time to read this month, but I suppose I did read some short books.
2 – 2.75 stars:
- Jade Fire Gold – June C.L. Tan (⭐️⭐️.5)
3 – 3.75 stars:
- Daughter of the Burning City – Amanda Foody (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Hani and Ishu’s Guide to Fake Dating – Adiba Jaigirdar (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back – Elizabeth Schaefer et. al. (anthology) (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Man Suit – Zachary Schomburg (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Passing – Nella Larsen (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- The Island of Excess Love (Love in the Time of Global Warming, #2) – Francesca Lia Block (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Most Likely – Sarah Watson (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- What We Don’t Talk About – Charlot Kristensen (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- The Golden Apples of the Sun – Ray Bradbury (anthology) (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
4 – 4.75 stars:
- Heartstopper vol. 1 – Alice Oseman (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Love in the Time of Global Warming (Love in the Time of Global Warming, #1) – Francesca Lia Block (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Heartstopper vol. 2 – Alice Oseman (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- A Psalm of Storms and Silence (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #2) – Roseanne A. Brown (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves, #1) – Sally Green (re-read) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- The Demon World (The Smoke Thieves, #2) – Sally Green (re-read) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- The Burning Kingdoms (The Smoke Thieves, #3) – Sally Green (re-read) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Our Stories, Our Voices: 21 YA Authors Get Real About Injustice, Empowerment, and Growing Up Female in America – Amy Reed et. al. (anthology) (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- The Wide Starlight – Nicole Lesperance (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH: The Wide Starlight – 5 stars
SOME POSTS I’M PROUD OF:
- I made a list of Feminist YA books for Women’s History Month!
- I had a fun time spewing out my chaotic thoughts while re-reading the Smoke Thieves trilogy!
- I reviewed Devil in the Device, A Psalm of Storms and Silence, Love in the Time of Global Warming, and The Wide Starlight!
- I had some fun with the Intergalactic Book Tag and the Book Adaptations Tag!
POSTS FROM OTHER WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT I ENJOYED:
- Hundreds & Thousands of Books recommends books based on which Marvel character you like!
- Cherry hit 200 followers!! (Congratulations!!)
- Selina weighs the pros and cons of reading paperbacks vs. reading digitally!
- Rachel shows off her bookshelf! (Everybody wish Rachel a happy birthday!!)
SONGS/ALBUMS THAT I ENJOYED:
DID I FOLLOW THROUGH ON MY MARCH GOALS?
- Read at least 20 books: 20!
- Spend some time with Ringo (of course): yep! He’s a troublemaker, but he’s a sweet little puppy. Impossible not to love.
GOALS FOR APRIL:
- Read at least 20 books
- Try not to spontaneously combust at the Spiritualized concert if/when they play “Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space”
That’s it for this month in blogging! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!