Happy Friday, everyone! If you celebrated, I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving as well!
I saw this on A Little Haze Book Blog not long ago, and I figured that I’d give it a go. I feel like I’m putting the same books in my book tags (I’ll try to fix that), and since this one’s about TBR books, I’m excited to participate!
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their post (see above!)
- Link to the creator’s blog (booksnest.co.uk) in your post
- Answer the questions below
- Tag 10 others to take part
- ENJOY THE TAG!
- A book that a certain friend is always telling you to read
- A book that’s been on your TBR forever and yet you still haven’t picked it up
- A book in a series you’ve started, but haven’t gotten round to finishing yet
- A classic you’ve always liked the sound of, but never actually read
- A popular book that it seems everyone but you has read
- A book that inspired a film/TV adaptation that you really love, but you just haven’t read it yet
- A book you see all over Instagram but haven’t picked up yet
1. A book that a certain friend is always telling you to read
Lately, a good friend of mine has started to get into some older sci-fi, and this was her first, vehement recommendation to me: The War of the Worlds.
It’s not available at the library (woe is me…), but I’m definitely excited to get my hands on this one someday.
2. A book that’s been on your TBR forever and yet you still haven’t picked it up
This one’s been on my TBR since day one…
Though I’m not a fan of Holly Black, I absolutely adore Ted Naifeh’s work, and the story of The Good Neighbors seems like a perfect melding of their respective styles.
3. A book in a series you’ve started, but haven’t gotten round to finishing yet
I read the first book, Mask of Shadows, about a year ago, and I remember the story being pretty intriguing and fast-paced, not to mention the excellent LGBTQ+ rep. (the main character, Sal, is genderfluid). But…I’ve just neglected to read Ruin of Stars for no good reason other than my being lazy. Sigh…
4. A classic you’ve always liked the sound of, but never actually read
I’m putting this one off for a few years, because I’ll have to read it for an AP English class, but Brave New World seems like it would be an interesting read, in the same vein as 1984.
5. A popular book that it seems everyone but you has read
Somehow, I STILL haven’t gotten around to reading The Hate U Give, despite several recommendations from friends and librarians alike. It’ll probably be in that constant “all copies in use” limbo at my local library for a few years, due to its immense popularity, but I’d definitely like to give it a try at some point.
6. A book that inspired a film/TV adaptation that you really love, but you just haven’t read it yet
I didn’t realize until the end credits that Jojo Rabbit was based on a book. I’m not sure if I’ll have the stomach to read this one (I’m guessing that Taika Waititi had some comedic liberties while directing Jojo), but I’m sure Caging Skies would be worth a read.
7. A book you see all over Instagram but haven’t picked up yet
I tend to see Furyborn pop up often, and I’ve been meaning to read it for a while. I’ve read a few other books by Claire Legrand (The Year of Shadows, Some Kind of Happiness, etc.), and most of them have been decent. Claire Legrand’s obviously prolific, with a wide range of talents, so I’m excited to see how this plays out.
Weeeelll…I’m not sure if I know ten people who’d all be interested in doing this tag, so I’ll open it up to anyone who hasn’t done it, and wants to. 🙂
Have a lovely rest of your day! I might not be able to get to any more tags this week, but stay tuned for more content!