Happy Tuesday, bibliophiles!
We’re almost halfway through 2022 already (!), but I’d definitely say that this month was the most momentous one of this year.
Wow. So I really am done with high school.
I got distracted from all that with my AP tests at the beginning of the month (ecstatic that I’ll never have to take them again), but once the middle of the month hit, the realization started to sink in. Then I graduated—in freezing spring snow at an outdoor venue, no less. Certainly a day to remember. But it’s over now—strange to think that those four (very weird) years have come to a close. And now college is on the horizon…
With all that going on, I didn’t have as much time to read. It wasn’t quite as good of a bunch, either—I still had a few gems, but I had a lot more 2-3 star books and a DNF too. Haven’t had much writing time either—I did a little more outlining for the WIP sequel, but I’m turning my attention to something new—I figured that since my brother and friends are starting to suggest edits, it’s probably too soon to start the sequel.
Other than that, I’ve just been drawing, watching Heartstopper and sobbing at the coming-out scene, going to see Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (mixed bag, but it was fun) and Everything Everywhere All at Once (TEARS), seeing Spoon live (AMAZING), and listening to the new Wilco, Smile, and Arcade Fire.
READING AND BLOGGING:
I read 17 books this month! Less than usual, but it was a lot like April in terms of reading—I was super busy with AP tests, graduation, and all that jazz this month, but I was still able to read some good books here and there.
1 – 1.75 stars:
2 – 2.75 stars:
- Beyond the Ruby Veil – Mara Fitzgerald (⭐️⭐️)
- Saving Montgomery Sole – Mariko Tamaki (⭐️⭐️)
- Song of the Crimson Flower (Rise of the Empress, #2.5) – Julie C. Dao (⭐️⭐️.5)
- The Chosen and the Beautiful – Nghi Vo (⭐️⭐️.75)
3 – 3.75 stars:
- A River of Stars – Vanessa Hua (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fire Becomes Her – Rosiee Thor (⭐️⭐️⭐️.25)
- The Psychology of Time Travel – Kate Mascarenhas (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak (Unstoppable, #2) – Charlie Jane Anders (⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
- Light from Uncommon Stars – Ryka Aoki (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- Gallant – V.E. Schwab (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
- A Magic Steeped in Poison (The Book of Tea, #1) – Judy I. Lin (⭐️⭐️⭐️.75)
4 – 4.75 stars:
- Loveless – Alice Oseman (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Hollow Fires – Samira Ahmed (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Marvel Masterworks: Fantastic Four, vol. 1 – Stan Lee, illustrated by Jack Kirby (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Final Revival of Opal & Nev – Dawnie Walton (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5)
FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH: Art Matters – 5 stars
SOME POSTS I’M PROUD OF:
- I reviewed Beyond the Ruby Veil, The Psychology of Time Travel, Gallant, A Magic Steeped in Poison, and Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak!
- I made a list of YA books for AAPI Heritage Month!
- I had fun reviewing Arcade Fire’s new album, WE!
POSTS FROM OTHER WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT I ENJOYED:
- Rachel celebrated her two-year blogiversary!
- Elli built her dream library!
- Bec recommends books for Mental Health Awareness Month!
- Gauri recommends books by AAPI authors that came out in the first half of 2022!
SONGS/ALBUMS THAT I ENJOYED:
DID I FOLLOW THROUGH ON MY MAY GOALS?
- Get through the AP tests: made it! sucked to have two in one day, but I made it.
- Finish high school strong! (aAAA STILL CAN’T BELIEVE I’M GRADUATING—): got straight A’s, so I’ll say I finished strong! and now I’m done with high school! would you look at that…
GOALS FOR JUNE:
- Read at least 20 books
- Enjoy the first month of summer/pride month!
That’s it for this month in blogging! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!