Happy Thursday, bibliophiles!
I have a few winter-themed book tags saved in my sticky note, and I wanted to do one of them over break, so here we are! I was tagged by Riddhi @ Whispering Stories (thank you!). However, I’m not sure who originally created the tag, so if you know, please let me know/comment below so I can credit them!
Let’s begin, shall we?
☃️WINTER WONDERLAND BOOK TAG☃️
1. What book is so happy and so sweet that it just warms your heart?
I don’t usually gravitate towards rom-coms, but Tweet Cute was just so consistently heartwarming and adorable!
2. What’s your favourite book with a white cover?
Sword in the Stars has a pretty, white cover! I have it in hardcover, and the details on the metallic parts are very glossy and satisfying…
3. You’re sitting in a nice, comfortable chair with a cup of hot chocolate. What monster book are you reading?
I looked through a few other people’s interpretations of this prompt and there wasn’t a definitive consensus as to whether this prompt was about long books or books with monsters, so I just went with the monster book part. And Hellboy is the best paranormal/monster comic known to man, so I wanted to put it in here anyway.
4. It’s snowing outside and you decide you want to have a snowball fight. What fictional character do you want to have this snowball fight with?
I’d do anything to experience a six-way (five-way? four? nvm) snowball fight with Squad 312. I feel like Kal would turn it into a death match, but…y’know. Scarlett and Finian would be worthy snowball fight opponents.
(wait, isn’t there a meme about this?)
(oh, I guess there is…)
5. Sadly, your campfire is dying. What last few chapters of a book would you throw in the fire to revive it and keep yourself warm?
As a rule of thumb, I’m not really for burning books, but…okay, maybe I’d let An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, Off Balance, or most of my previous DNFs get toasty.
6. What book do you love so much that you would buy another copy of it to give to someone as a Christmas gift (or any gift really) to inspire them to start reading?
Six of Crows isn’t my favorite book (though I love it), but I feel like it hits the rare sweet spot where it’s accessible to both new readers and longtime bookworms. Plus, with all the people that are getting into Leigh Bardugo’s books through the Shadow and Bone show, I bet a lot of people have this on their lists!
7. Who do you tag?
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise
- Cherelle @ A Bolt out of the Book
- Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
- Elli @ AceReader
- + anyone else who wants to participate! If you see this tag and want to do it, then go ahead! If I tagged you and you’ve already done it/don’t want to do it, my bad!
That’s it for this book tag! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!