Happy Saturday, bibliophiles!
I was in the mood to do a book tag this afternoon, and since the Spring Equinox came around recently, I figured it would be a good time to do this one! I found it over at Seven Late Night Thoughts with Zoe, and the tag was originally created by Victoria Mann on Booktube.
Let’s begin, shall we?
SPLENDID SPRING BOOK TAG
1. Everywhere you look flowers are blooming! Choose a book you love or think you will love with flowers on the cover.
I just read Flamefall and enjoyed it, and it has some flowers on the (very busy) cover!
2. Spring is the perfect time for a fun trip! Choose a book you’ve read or would like to read while traveling from one place to another.
I had to read The Road for school, and I made the mistake of reading it on the plane at night. It was easily the most grim and depressing book I’ve ever read as is, but reading it on a night flight to Florida made it even worse.
3. Who doesn’t love a good Spring Fling? Choose a book you were obsessed with for a short period of time, but then you swiftly cast it aside.
The Familiars was my favorite series for a little while when I was in elementary school, but I remember being really disappointed by book 4. These didn’t age terribly well…
4. Everyone loves the smell of freshly mowed grass, but not at an ungodly hour! Choose a book that personifies as a middle-aged dad waking up at 7am on a Saturday to mow the lawn when he should be sleeping like the rest of us.
…that’s…oddly specific…I don’t even know what kind of book I’d put for this prompt skdjhskjfh
5. A surprise rain shower might spoil your outdoor fun, but don’t worry the sun will be back! Choose a book that made you really sad, but the sun still shines in the end.
Like a Love Story absolutely gutted me, but I suppose it was hopeful towards the end. Certainly had some sweet moments in between all the tears.
6. It’s that time of year when all the animals stretch their limbs and come out of hibernation. Choose a book that pulled you out of a reading slump.
The Grief Keeper was an immensely powerful book, and it broke me out of a long reading slump!
7. Students all over exhale a sigh of relief knowing they get a break from school. Choose a book whose friend group you’d like to spend Spring Break with.
I just know that spending spring break with Squad 312 would be absolute chaos…I’d stick around though
8. Spring is all about rebirth and blooming. Choose a book that made you grow as a person.
Steal Like an Artist was a book that helped develop my creativity so much! I printed out one of the illustrations/quotes and put it on my wall.
9. A picnic at the park is the perfect springtime activity! Choose a book with a character who you think would pack the best picnic basket.
Levi from Fangirl would make a tasty picnic basket—complete with some Starbucks!
10. For many, spring is the first break from the bitterness of winter! Choose a book that is the embodiment of sunshine.
Heartstopper is all kinds of sweet and sunshiney!
- Becca @ Book It with Becca
- Hundreds & Thousands of Books
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise
- Phoenix @ Books With Wings
- + anyone else who wants to participate! If you see this tag and want to do it, then I’d love to see your answers! If I tagged you and you’ve already done it/don’t want to do it, no worries!
If you’d like to do the bonus questions on this tag, click here to see them! (They’re in the description under the video.)
That’s it for this book tag! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and take care of yourselves!